Friday, March 18, 2011

I love my hubby! I love blessing him!

     I have had a similar conversation with several women lately and I just don't "get it".  In the course of these conversations, it goes like this, "I don't even know when he gets up in the mornings", "I am not getting up, he can fix his own breakfast or stop and buy something", "I don't want to cook supper, so we can just go out to eat, "I don't cook, he can fix something if he is hungry".
     I get up every morning and pack my husbands lunch and see him off to work, he doesn't like to eat early so I also pack him a snack for break.  I make sure he has clean clothes and everything he needs.  Almost every night I try to make sure he has a good hot supper.  We do go out or grab something  occasionally.  When I tell people this, they call me "little Miss Betty Crocker" or "Miss Suzy Homemaker".  I tell them, no, I am a wife and mother, and they look at me like I am an alien.
     Now, I will tell you I am no where the perfect wife, but my hubby works everyday so I can stay home and homeschool my son and care for our home.  When I got married, I knew I wanted to be a wife and mother.  I guess my idea of that was just way different than some others.
     Now, I know some women work and have before myself and that does make some difference.  But even then certain things were my responsibility and certain things were his, still are either way.  Yet, I hear some of these women complaining about how their husbands treat them, or they are getting a divorce or on the verge.  
     I know this is just how I feel and everyone is different, but I love my hubby of almost 25 years and I love to be a blessing to him.  As with other areas of my life too, I have learned, when you are a blessing to someone else, blessings come back to you.
     Are you a blessing to your husband? What do you think?

God bless,
Pat

4 comments:

  1. AMEN!!

    I also do those things for my hubby.

    He is also like your husband who doesn't eat breakfast in the mornings but I make sure he has extra food because of it.

    I get the alien look ALOT ALSO!!

    Nice to know there are still some of us left in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to do these things for my hubby as well. More than that, as a Christian woman I believe it is what God intended. When I serve my husband, I serve Him as well.

    You've been married for 25 years (congrats!) and I've been married almost 20...we must be doing something right! :) Great post!

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend ♥

    Blessings,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my hubby and love to be a blessing to him as well. But we also have different hubbies and lives and what works best for our families. My hubby works such different schedules every week that we pretty much go with the flow on things lol. when he opens (4:30 am) i make sure he everything he needs to get off to work but he doesnt want me to cook for him that early. WHen he is off it depends on what we want to do...sometimes he wants to cook sometimes he wants me to and on the rare occasions we go out to eat. sometimes it lunch rather then dinners depending on whether he opens, closes, or is off. I am a stay at home momma and wife as well and i love it for the most part LOL sometimes i need some me time but i wouldnt have it any other way. I can be just as much of a blessing without doing that 100% of the time for my hubby. I do whatever is good for that day and most of the time what he wants or asks for. I try to keep a decent house and make sure to keep his favorite foods and drinks in the house. I love him alot! throwing into the mix that our family doesnt have the same variety of foods that most familes can have as my son can digest anything to do with cow protein. that eliminates a lot of options. but all the same i think you are doing a great job and im glad that is what works for your family. my family doesnt have a set routine because it changes so much. I love being a blessing and we do what works for us! :) even if that doesnt include packing a lunch and making a breakfast every morning...hot meal every night and so on...but they get it whenever we are together...

    ReplyDelete
  4. now having said all that im off to cook hubbys request...homemade spaghetti :)

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...