Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blessing my house

     Cleaning our house is something we all have to do.  Some love to clean, it is a joy to them.  I am going to be honest cleaning my house as always been something I HAD to do.  Sometimes I did it better than others and sometimes I barely did it at all.
     One day I was online reading and I read where a lady said she changed her attitude and she changed her house.  She quit saying I have to wash dishes, I have to wash the clothes, I have to cook supper.  She started saying I get to do the dishes for my family, I get to wash my clothes for my family, I get to cook for my family.  She said just the change in attitude made such a difference.
     I read on another site where a lady said she decided to look at things differently too, she decided she was not going to clean her house anymore, she was not going to wash her clothes anymore....hang on, she wasn't giving up or quitting, she said she decided to BLESS her house, BLESS her clothes, BLESS her family by cooking for them.
     Now, no matter how you say it or do it, it still has to be done.  But, I thought it would not hurt to try so here I went.  I started with changing my attitude and then I started blessing my house.  At least it did not sound quite as bad, my attitude changed a little, and my house changed a little.  Then, one day me and my husband were talking and he said he doesn't always want to go to work, sometimes he has to make himself but he does it cause he loves us and he needs to take care of us.  That made me think even more.
 
     I looked at alot of "schedules" people have etc and nothing seemed like it would work for me.  So, I decided to basically create my own.  I started first with what I call maintenance....I started washing my dishes every night before I went to bed, I made sure all toys were picked up, making my bed up, keeping the floors swept and getting laundry caught up.  I try to never have more than 3 loads at a time going, 1 in washer, 1 in dryer and 1 to put up, that way I do not feel overwhelmed and you know what now my laundry pretty much stays caught up.  My day starts better when I get up to a clean kitchen, all of the stuff I can have  is laid out to fix breakfast and lunch for Billy, his clothes are laid out and waiting, it all just seems to go smoother.  I have supper laid out and most days waiting when he gets home from work. 
     Now is my house perfect, oh no, I still have boxes that need to be gone through and stuff that needs to be decluttered so starting today I am adding one area each day to declutter along with maintaining.  My house may not be clean to your standards but it sure feels blessed to me.  The best part is now if I do what I need to I usually have time to enjoy this at the end of the day too.
     I know I don't have babies at home and I only have 1 teenager but this is what works for me.  You have to decide what works for you.  I can promise you the first step has to be your attitude no matter what and when I changed that, other stuff started changing too.
God bless,
Pat





3 comments:

  1. I think we are alike in many ways! I have also been doing something similar, though not even as organized as you. I am trying to do some small steps daily on cleaning and decluttering (in addition to keeping up with some regular chores). Today I dusted an area and filled up one trash bag with clutter that it is time for it to go. Each day I try to do a small area - and you know what? It is starting to look pretty good (in some parts of the house!) I am thinking it will be about 6 months to get things the way I want them.
    And I am still drinking my water....LOL
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Attitude is everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that approach makes everything easier! I love this site http://www.flylady.net/ it helps a lot with housekeeping...

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...