Skip to main content

Blessing my house

     Cleaning our house is something we all have to do.  Some love to clean, it is a joy to them.  I am going to be honest cleaning my house as always been something I HAD to do.  Sometimes I did it better than others and sometimes I barely did it at all.
     One day I was online reading and I read where a lady said she changed her attitude and she changed her house.  She quit saying I have to wash dishes, I have to wash the clothes, I have to cook supper.  She started saying I get to do the dishes for my family, I get to wash my clothes for my family, I get to cook for my family.  She said just the change in attitude made such a difference.
     I read on another site where a lady said she decided to look at things differently too, she decided she was not going to clean her house anymore, she was not going to wash her clothes anymore....hang on, she wasn't giving up or quitting, she said she decided to BLESS her house, BLESS her clothes, BLESS her family by cooking for them.
     Now, no matter how you say it or do it, it still has to be done.  But, I thought it would not hurt to try so here I went.  I started with changing my attitude and then I started blessing my house.  At least it did not sound quite as bad, my attitude changed a little, and my house changed a little.  Then, one day me and my husband were talking and he said he doesn't always want to go to work, sometimes he has to make himself but he does it cause he loves us and he needs to take care of us.  That made me think even more.
 
     I looked at alot of "schedules" people have etc and nothing seemed like it would work for me.  So, I decided to basically create my own.  I started first with what I call maintenance....I started washing my dishes every night before I went to bed, I made sure all toys were picked up, making my bed up, keeping the floors swept and getting laundry caught up.  I try to never have more than 3 loads at a time going, 1 in washer, 1 in dryer and 1 to put up, that way I do not feel overwhelmed and you know what now my laundry pretty much stays caught up.  My day starts better when I get up to a clean kitchen, all of the stuff I can have  is laid out to fix breakfast and lunch for Billy, his clothes are laid out and waiting, it all just seems to go smoother.  I have supper laid out and most days waiting when he gets home from work. 
     Now is my house perfect, oh no, I still have boxes that need to be gone through and stuff that needs to be decluttered so starting today I am adding one area each day to declutter along with maintaining.  My house may not be clean to your standards but it sure feels blessed to me.  The best part is now if I do what I need to I usually have time to enjoy this at the end of the day too.
     I know I don't have babies at home and I only have 1 teenager but this is what works for me.  You have to decide what works for you.  I can promise you the first step has to be your attitude no matter what and when I changed that, other stuff started changing too.
God bless,
Pat





Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat