Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall weather and potato soup

     I love the fall, the sights, colors, smells, snuggling and the changes in what foods you can and do eat.  potato soup is one of my favorite fall foods.  I am sharing one of my favorite recipes for this soup, that I got from a close friend.  I thought some of ya'll might want to make some too.

DEB'S POTATO SOUP


5# to 10# Potatoes
1-2 sticks Margarine
1-2 pkgs. Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
1-2 cups Milk
Salt & Pepper (to your taste)
Minced onions~dried (to your taste)

Toppings...
Margarine
Sour Cream
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Chives/Green Onions
More Real Bacon Bits, if you like

Peel & cube potatoes (not too small, they'll cook down some) Boil till totally done...add stick margarine, milk, bacon bits, minced onions, salt & pepper. Simmer about 15 more minutes. Serve in bowls with the toppings of your choice. Yummy!!! ENJOY!

(Adjust the amounts you cook according to how many you are going to feed but this is so good reheated too)
God bless and enjoy,Happy Fall,
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I'm sending this link to the hub! He already makes *good* potato soup... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...