Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Supper-Yummy!

     I try to cook supper for my family every night and they  love pasta and it is so easy to make, this recipe might not be the healthiest but it sure was yummy.   I served this with some Green Giant Sugar Snap Peas that just had to be microwaved in the bag.  I had a couple people ask for the recipe so sharing it here.  

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta 
1 lb pasta
6 strips bacon, diced
1 Tbsp butter
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 packet ranch dressing mix
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

1. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
4. Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted.

     This is not my recipe, I found it online but it sure is good.  Let me know if you try it and what you think

God bless, Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...