Skip to main content

Drivers Licence for Stephen (and Moma)



     Stephen was homeschooled so he never took drivers education in school.  He did learn the basics of car maintenance and repair.  He turned 16 and then 18 and he still hadn't taken the test to get his licence.  This summer he has been doing yard work and helping with the maintenance and yard maintenance at our church.  The man who is his boss couldn't believe he was 19 and had graduated and still no licence.  
     So the other day we set out to the DMV for him to take the test.  After 3 trips to there, one to the school to get his transcript (he actually graduated through our church school) and one trip to the revenue office for an ID, he was ready to take the test.  He didn't have to take it the old fashioned way I did, he took it on an IPAD and the way it is set up is there are 25 questions and when you have passed so many it will shut off and tell you that you passed.  Me and another couple of Moma's talked and waited as our children took the test.  
     Praises they all 3 got a

     So now I told him we are going to be like Driving Miss Daisey, only it is going to be driving Moma.  He has between 30 days and 6 months to take the driving part and get his regular licence.  He may not have got it at the age everyone expected but he has it now. I am not sure who is more excited me or him.

God bless,
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 16th Birthday Stephen Austin Love!

From this little baby born on April 7, 1995 to the wonderful young man you have became April 7, 2011 Moma and Daddy were so blessed the day you were born and grow more blessed with each passing year.  I pray God will richly bless you this year.  Let Him be your guide and follow Him and do His will and you will be right where you need to be.  We love you! God bless, Moma & Daddy

What If?

Saw this on a friends blog and had to share-Before you gripe about another petty something about your spouse or child-think how how you would feel if you woke up without them tomorrow. Man this hit me in the face and really made me really think! :(
     Then, I found this quote above about what if you woke up today with only what you thanked God for yesterday.  Who or what would you still have?  Would you have your spouse, your kids, your friends, your home, car, anything?  Again, this really made me think and I ashamed to say I am not sure I like my answers to the above questions.
     I cannot change the past as none of us can but I am going to really work on changing my answers and my life.  I know I need to really work on this but I am sharing it in the hope it might help others as well.  
God bless,
Pat


Does Anyone? And a giveaway!

Sometimes I wonder does anyone even read here.  I wonder if this blogs time has come and gone.  I sometimes think, well I will just write for me and use it like a diary of sorts.  I am just not sure what to do.  I really enjoy writing the blog but......
     I decided I am going to continue for at least the month of February and see what happens.  Since February is the month of love and my last name is "Love" and I am trying to decide if I love this blog anymore, I am going to to have a "Love" giveaway. All you have to do to be entered to have a chance to win is leave a comment on this post on my blog.  I will choose a winner from all the comments.


Until next time or until I choose a winner of the giveaway, Pat