Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Drivers Licence for Stephen (and Moma)



     Stephen was homeschooled so he never took drivers education in school.  He did learn the basics of car maintenance and repair.  He turned 16 and then 18 and he still hadn't taken the test to get his licence.  This summer he has been doing yard work and helping with the maintenance and yard maintenance at our church.  The man who is his boss couldn't believe he was 19 and had graduated and still no licence.  
     So the other day we set out to the DMV for him to take the test.  After 3 trips to there, one to the school to get his transcript (he actually graduated through our church school) and one trip to the revenue office for an ID, he was ready to take the test.  He didn't have to take it the old fashioned way I did, he took it on an IPAD and the way it is set up is there are 25 questions and when you have passed so many it will shut off and tell you that you passed.  Me and another couple of Moma's talked and waited as our children took the test.  
     Praises they all 3 got a

     So now I told him we are going to be like Driving Miss Daisey, only it is going to be driving Moma.  He has between 30 days and 6 months to take the driving part and get his regular licence.  He may not have got it at the age everyone expected but he has it now. I am not sure who is more excited me or him.

God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...