Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Proud of my town-feeding the kids-spring break!


     This has been something that has been on my heart for a long time.  So I was excited a  few years ago different ones started stepping up and doing things to help this problem.  The problem?  Lots of kids eat breakfast and lunch at school and for some that is all they eat so when no school, there is little to no food for some.

     

This week is spring break for the public school kids and the Salvation Army, United Way and Boys and Girls Club and many more that I don't know have stepped up to feed as many kids as they can. One thing they are doing is sack lunches for anyone who wants one but focus is on the kids.


If all goes well this week they will serve over 5000 sack lunches.  They contain a bottle of water, a sandwich, a pack of pb crackers, and a piece of fruit.

Not only are they feeding at the boys and girls club but they are driving around and finding neighborhoods with kids and any child can receive a free lunch.


I know several groups including our church have outreach programs to help in the summer time so I know these are not the only ones but I am just so proud to live in a town where we do have people who do stuff like this and are willing to volunteer to do it.  Proud to be from El Dorado, Arkansas.

Does your church or town have similar programs?  If not, maybe you could be the one to help plant the seed to grow one where you live,

God bless,
Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...