Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spring Cleaning Ahead!


     Everywhere I turn I see a reminder that time springs forward this weekend.  Springing the clock forward makes spring seem even closer.  Now I am not sure the weather agrees since I am still seeing ice outside but spring is coming.  Officially on March 20th and I guess honestly when the Lord decides.  
     When I think of spring, I think of spring cleaning. I think of cleaning, decluttering, getting rid of unwanted things, fresh and sunny.  Now, I  was thinking house cleaning but as I was thinking on this I thought maybe we need to spring clean our lives too.

     So, now if you were going to spring clean your life, where could we start?  Maybe the same place we would start with our homes.  

     We might need to declutter some things-what kind of things have we let in our lives we need to get rid of?  Maybe it is a habit that needs to be broken?  Do we let things come before our family?  Do we let things or even others come before God and our quiet time with Him?

     We might need somethings fresh-like starting a new devotion or reading our bible daily.  Maybe we  can get outside in nature and try prayer walking or having our quiet time outside with the birds singing and the sun shining.

     One of my favorite verses is:Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

    So as spring approaches have you thought about what areas of your heart and life needs to be cleaned?  I am praying now that God will show me the areas in my life that might need cleaning or decluttering.  So who will join me?


God bless,
Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...