Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines 2011-I will never forget!

 Some years me and my hubby have celebrated Valentines and some we haven't, depended on if he had to work, funds etc.  Well this year we decided to celebrate with a little prodding from my kiddos, little did I know what was about to happen. Stick with me to the end of this story, it will be worth it, I promise.

Hubby is unemployed so money is really tight so we decided to eat at home and with my little helper fairies-Jonathan, Jenny, Amanda and Stephen I cooked chicken breast, loaded mashed potaotoes, mac and cheese, baked beans and hawaiian rolls.  Amanda decorated the table and it was so pretty.

I thought now what can I do for a gift and I went to dollar tree and they had these chocolate lips and I grabbed them.  I made hubby a card and put a poem in it and part of it talked about when we first kissed (that is a story for another day) and I gave him the lips.  I was so excited about it.  He loves it by the way and he even cried.  Of course I had no idea what he had done cause he told me he had no money.
He made me a card on the computer and the picture above is one of the pictures on the card.  It had the sweetest poem inside and he signed it and I was so excited and then I saw he had written something at the bottom; he wrote and asked if I would marry him again-we will be married 25 years in August, in fact we celebrate 10 days after our only daughter gets married.  Anyway I was so excited and thought it was so sweet.  He then asked me don't you want to put it on?  I looked at him like he was nuts and then I saw "IT".  He had taped a flower shaped diamond ring to the inside picture.  When we got married he could not afford an engagement ring so 25 years later I have the ring.  Oh yeah I said yes.

As for the rest of the story on July 16, 2011 we will be having a small get together and renewing our vows,  I will share more about that in a different post.  I have to admit it was a Valentines I will never forget.  I hope yours was blessed too.

God bless,
Pat

PS It wasn't just the ring either but that after 25 years, 3 kids, lots of ups and downs and so many changes he wants to marry me all over again :)

2 comments:

  1. This is amazingly sweet. I teared up as I read it. You are blessed beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sooooooooooooooooooo very very very super sweet :) I wanna be rosetta ;) amanda can be vidia LOL stephen can be clank and jonathan can be bobble hahahahahaha LOL so happy for you :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...