Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm praying for you is not a joke or to be taken lightly!

     I'm praying for you is not a joke or to be taken lightly.  Prayer is important and prayer changes things.  I have seen the hand of God upon my family and I have seen the friends who lifted us up to God.  
     On my facebook page on Mondays I have Marriage Monday, Tuesdays are to pray for all the military and their families, Wednesdays are to pray for your friends cause you never know the tears behind the smiles, Fridays are reminders to pray for all the ones you love.  These are not just something to post but a real desire to get people to pray.  
     Pray for your marriage before it is in trouble, pray for the soldiers before they get hurt or come home with issues, pray for the families while they are gone and for them to be prepared when they come home cause sometimes they are not the same. Pray for your friends even if you don't know a reason, pray cause they are your friends, pray for your family before there is a major need, you never know when life can and will change.  
     If you say you will pray, pray, pray right then, pray at a stoplight, pray when waiting in a long line, pray when you can't sleep, pray instead of watching another stupid mindless tv show or you play on the computer and especially pray when someone is laid on your heart.
     Also don't forget to pray for yourself , pray for God's forgiveness for your sins, his will for your life, protection over your life, pray you are at peace with God so that you can effectively pray for others.
     Most of all just pray, praying is simply talking to God and then slowing down and listening for what that still small voice says back. 
     Am I perfect in my prayer life?  No but I count it an honor to pray for people and when people pray for me and the ones I love.  C an I pray for you in any way?  I know I need your prayers that I will be the person God wants me to be and that I will live each day in his forgiveness and grace.
God bless,
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Very important reminder and well said. I have prayed for you and will continue to do so. Thank you for being a faithful witness...especially in a place (the internet) that can become so dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much for your sweet comment Lorie. Nothing comes from me just blessings and thoughts from God but I am trying to serve Him the best I can.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...