I was given a copy of some stuff about praying for teenagers and I have compiled them in the list below....I hope it will help someone better pray for theirs or challenge them to pray for them if they don't.
* A heart which personally and fully understands, embraces, and shares the gospel
* Reverence for God, and a passion to please and serve him
* God-honoring family relationships filled with respect, affection, compassion and cooperation
* Protection and strength to face moral temptation and cultural pressure
* Repentance and humble acceptance of correction
* Guidance for decisions about high school options, as well as future college and career
* Maturity to make the right decisions for the right reasons
* Wise priorities for using time
* Preparation for marriage and parenting – pray for their future spouses, too!
* Personal weaknesses: Every child has their own struggles, whether it’s lying, angry outbursts, disrespect, or any number of other issues. I pray that God will shape their character and turn their weaknesses to strengths. * Thanks: Each child also has unique strengths that are God’s gift to our family. For some it’s charm, for others leadership ability or a sense of humor. I thank God for these special qualities and ask Him to continue to develop these characteristics in our children.* Ask your teens how you can pray for them!
I hope this helps you and gives you ideas some more ideas how to pray for your teen. The world we live in today, even the best raised Christian teens still face many struggles. If we don't pray for them who will? Also it is better to pray for them to stay close to God than to have to pray them back to God.