Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer begins and so does the hunger!

    Today is the last official day of public school in my town, though most kids did not go after Friday.  My son is homeschooled and we go year round but still I dread the end of school year.  Not because of the kids being out but I know that with school ending so begins the hunger.
     So many of the kids get breakfast and lunch at school for free or reduced prices.  Some of them the food they get at school is pretty much all they get all day.  Now school is out and that is taken away.  I know we have a couple of programs in town that help feed them in the summer and some of their parents get food stamps.  But, some of the kids can't get to the programs and sometimes those food stamps get wasted and sold. Some people fall through the cracks too, they make too much to get help but not enough to pay for everything.  No matter what the case, the innocent kids pay the price.
     Either way, it makes me sad, all I am asking of you my readers is this, can we give a little to help one of these programs, or if you see a neighbor kid who looks hungry, maybe you could make an extra peanut butter sandwich and invite them to share, or at least can we pray?
God bless,
Pat

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet and tender hearted. Thank you for making me aware of the need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have your pastor contact DHS and see if there is a program in your community that would provide free meals for kids if you have them at your church. Sometimes these programs will work with area churches to make sure kids are fed thru the summer months.They usually provide sandwiches,fruit and milk. Blessings! ~ Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...