Saturday, May 19, 2012

Encouraging Other Women

This is a repost from April 2010 from my old blog but is so true and I thought worth reposting.  I hope it will make you stop and think......

Encouraging Other Women
I have been thinking alot about encouraging others.  I have been through so much in life that I am not sure I could have made it without my friends.  My friends prayed with me and for me.  Sometimes it was a note, a hug, a touch, a smile, "how are you REALLY", one friend sat with me all night one night when Moma was really sick and one sweet friend held my hand and we made a circle as my Moma left my arms and went into Jesus’.  None of those things cost much and most were free.  So then why do we not do more to encourage others? 
Reason 1–"I don’t have time"—really well I see you on facebook playing games, you are out to eat, you are at the movies and more.  Nothing is wrong with those things but are they more important than a friend?  I am forever stuck waiting in one line or another.  While you are waiting write a short note and drop it in the mail. 
Reason 2–"I don’t have the money"-hugs are free, pick some flowers from your yard, smiles and a touch of the hand are free.  I see some people who look like they have a cellphone growing out of their ears-so take a moment to call a friend and say I thought of you today.
I could go on and on with reasons but really they are not reasons but rather excuses. Think of it this way-how would you feel if you were the one that needed encouraging and maybe you are.  Even if you need encouragement yourself look around and find someone you can be a blessing to and I promise you will be the one that ends up being blessed also.
Thanks to all the ladies who have been and are an encouragement to me.  Now I am off to pray and ask God to show me someone I can be an encouragement to, will you do the same?
God bless,
Pat

1 comment:

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...