Thursday, May 24, 2012

Life is short, God is good and Hug your family!

     This week in our town we had an explosion at an oil field and 3 young men were killed.  They leave behind fiances, wives, kids, family and friends.  It was a freak, unexpected accident but 3 lives were lost and many were changed.
     We were talking at church last night about this.  So many people after tragedies turn to God and to family.  However it lasts a little while and then it goes away again until the next tragedy.  That is so sad to me.  Do we need to wait til a tragedy to love our kids, spouses and friends?  Do we only need God in bad times?
     God is good all the time but sometimes I wonder if we would have so many tragedies if we treated Him better.  Now I am not saying these young men did anything wrong or their families.  I mean us, the world. 
     My prayer is that we will turn to God now, not just in the bad times,but in the good too.  I could not make it without Him.  If you don't know Him, talk to me, talk to a preacher, talk to a friend, talk to God.  Hug your kids, hug your loved ones.  You do truly never know if it will be the last time.  If you have problems with someone be the bigger person and make an effort to work it out.  Life is short, God is good and Hug your family.

My family and I love them all!

God bless,
Pat


1 comment:

  1. I pray for the comfort of those families and that salvation may follow.

    ReplyDelete

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...