Sunday, August 3, 2014

And Two Shall Become One!


      My husband and I said said "I do" almost 28 years ago, August 16, 1986. We said for better or worse, richer or poorer, no matter what until death do us part. For so many it does not mean that, it means I do until you make me mad, I see someone better or I am just tired of being married. Believe me over 28 years we have had richer and poorer, better and worse but we are still alive and we are still together. It hasn't always been easy but with God we have made it.

     However, recently, God has been working on me about something. I have stuck with Billy, and he with me, but have I really done and do I do as I should? When we got married we were no longer two but we became one. In Matthew 19:5 it says " And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" and in Mark 10:8 it says " And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh." So this is what God said to me, when Billy makes me mad and I gripe about him or talk (gossip) to someone about him and what he has done, I am basically talking about myself cause we are now one. When I do something to hurt him, I am hurting myself. Now, who likes to be hurt or gossiped about? Not me, but yet I am allowing it to happen, I am doing it, to myself and Billy.
     In Matthew 19:6 it says "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Now, I wasn't sure what asunder meant so I looked it up and it means, it means apart or divided. I don't want to be divided apart from Billy and I would get upset if someone tried to do that, so how much more should I not do it? We stood before God and became one and I want to encourage, support, pray for and help us any way I can to be who we promised God to be.

     Now, I am not saying you can't ask someone to pray, cause we all need prayer sometimes. However, we need to make sure it is someone who will pray and really lift us up to God and not go to the next person and say, did you hear what is going on with Pat and Billy? I have a couple of people like that that will pray and encourage and I am thankful for them.

     So the next time your husband or wife upsets you or does something you don't like, think, before you just attack and remember you are not only attacking them but yourself and the promise you both made to God.
     I see so many tearing their own spouse and marriage apart, I have unfortunately done it too but the next time I start to complain or talk about Billy or us, this will make me think a little more. I hope it might you too.

God bless,
Pat







No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...