Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Be Still



Be still and know I am God......how many times have you read that verse?  I know me personally many times, I even say it is one of my favorite verses in the bible and it is.  But why?  Why is it my favorite and what does it mean to me?
I think it is one of my favorites because it is something that I am constantly reaching for, trying to have in my life.  It means to me a quietness, a time alone with God, not just to talk to God, read His word but to hear Him not just in His word but in that still quiet moment, in my life, in my heart.
We live in a busy, constantly moving world.  People and things are always reaching for us, pulling at us, their is noise everywhere.  Be still, who has time?  
This verse is something that has been on my mind and heart a lot.  I see it, I hear it, it in my heart and mind.  But what do I do about it?  I post it, I share it, but do I live it?
I am taking a break from most social media and will be searching for the meaning of Be still and know I am God for me. It might be a day and it might be much longer, I don't know.  The part that I keep hearing in my heart is "be still".  I need to find a time, a way to be still, to not just talk to God but listen.  What does God have to say about me and my life?  What does He want me to do, not do, feel, not feel?  I don't know because I have not been still and quiet long enough to hear.
Dear Lord, I pray that you will show me how to slow down, be still and hear You.Be still and know I am God....... but are you still?So thankful that God never gives up on us.  

Linking up with 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...