Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Word for 2016 is Hope, A progress report and How I found Hope!



      For a few years now I have been praying and seeking God's will for one word to be my focus for the year.  This year I felt God was leading me to hope.  Well now we are five months in to the year and I am making a progress report.
    The dictionary says hope is a feeling that what is wanted will happen. I think so. I hope so! My plan was to have hope, seek hope and to find  joy and peace as I hoped and trusted the Lord. I felt led to hope because in some ways, I’d lost myself and I’d lost my hope. And when you don’t have hope, you don’t know who you are or where to turn. 
     I searched for hope but finally after much searching I realized hope is not something you can search for, it just is, from God and of God.  Wow, when I realized that, God began restoring my hope. My hope in Him, this world, and myself.  
     I have been through alot so far this year but as I read His word, seek His will and listen to Him, I find me, I find Him and I find hope.  If you have lost your hope, then pray.  Pray…God change me. Lord, whatever it takes – joy or suffering – change me. Help me find my hope, help me find me, help me find you and then you will find hope.
God bless,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...