Thursday, October 10, 2019

Daily Quiet Time, Yes or No?

Image result for quiet time
    So should you have a daily quiet time with God or not?  To some people it is very important.To me it is one of the most important and special times of the day. Why should you or why would you? Well, I want to have a closer relationship with Him.  The more time you spend with someone the better you know them. God is definitely someone I want to know better.
Image result for be still

   What does quiet time look like? For me it is a time I read my bible and try to memorize scripture to hold in my heart for when life or the devil is attacking. I quote scripture when I am hurting, scared or feel like life is not going right. I pray for me, my friends, neighbors and any needs I know of. I use the time to praise God for all He has done and is doing for me. I am also learning to use quiet time to just do that, be quiet. In the bible it says to be still and know He is God. If you will be quiet, it is in those moments that God will speak to you. 
Related image
   I hear so many that say they don't have time for quiet time. It is about priorities. The time it takes to play on facebook, watch a movie or a tv show is way more than enough time to have your time with God. What is more important to you? I choose to get up early to have mine before anyone gets up. I love those quiet moments early in the morning. Part of my quiet time is to sit on my porch, watch the sunrise and just listen to the stillness. 
   Quiet time is what you make it between you and God. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Just focus on God, praise Him, pray to Him, read His word, listen to music, sing, or just be still.

Until next time, 
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...