Saturday, February 1, 2014

Now I am the Grandma!

     
       When I was a little girl I got very sick.  I would not drink or eat anything so I ended up dehydrated and in the hospital.  Even when I got home I still would not eat.  My Grandmother, Velma Arthur, said and held me.  She was determined to get me to eat and so she fed me one soggy cheerio at a time and I got better.  Now honestly I was not sure I remembered that from memories or just being told about this so many times. 
   


        Fast forward almost 50 years,now I am the Grandma and I have four little grands of my own.  The youngest is sick and he has not really eaten in almost four days hardly at all.  Today his Daddy asked me to see if I could get him to eat anything.  Well after many tears and a few prayers, the lightbulb came on. I remembered my Grandma feeding me one cheerio at a time. He didn't eat cheerios but I did end up feeding him one dinosaur spaghetti-o and one m&m at a time. 
        I hope someday in his future he might reach back and have at least a little memory of today and how much his Mamaw loved him.  I know I sure treasure my memories of mine.
     What about you, any special grandparent memories?

God bless,
Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...