Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Lazy Days Rarely Happen So.......What To Do?/Thankful Tuesday Link Up


     Lazy days rarely happen for me.  My life seems to go in a whirlwind.  I am rushing around getting my 2 guys off to work or something they need.  I homeschool the 4 grands and am Children's Ministries Director at Church so busy, busy, busy.  It seems I never have a day to just be lazy.
     This past Friday I was just feeling off but pushed through a day of school with the grands and then we did our weekly extra class.  This week is was Woodshop for the boys and Sewing for the girls.  By the time this was over and they went home, I knew something was wrong.
     That something wrong was the stomach bug and it hit me hard.  I was sick all weekend long and not really too much better on Monday.  Billy and Stephen were amazing and took such good care of me and the house.  Jonathan filled in for me at church and all was covered.  Finally Monday evening I was coming back to the land of the living.  I had been lazy for days but being sick, they were not the ones I was looking for.
     Today, Tuesday, I am finally feeling better.  Jon kept the grands at home to make sure all was clear so I had a lazy day, Now what to do?
     I made a pot of "Moma soup" and cornbread.  I know cooking on lazy day but I like to cook and this is so easy.  I painted 2 signs that I had been promising Stephen I would get done for him since before Christmas.

       

The first basically says "I came, I saw, I conquered" or something like that, the 2nd says "Stay Humble, Hustle Hard"! He likes them so I am a happy Moma and that is all that matters.  After that was some binge watching of  "The Gilmore Girls" and I started with Season 1, Episode 1.  Other that that I was truly just lazy for the rest of the day.

     Tomorrow, the kids will be back for school and lazy days are over.  It was nice while it lasted but I will be honest I think I will be ready for school to be back in session.  Now lets hope there are lazy days ahead but I sure hope they don't come after another stomach bug.  So have ya'll had any lazy days lately, what did you do?  I would love to hear. I know I was very thankful for a lazy Tuesday today! 

Until the next time,
Pat

PS I am linking up for thankful Tuesdays at http://livinglifehourbyhour.blogspot.com/ go check it out or join in too





No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...