Monday, January 30, 2017

Things I am Learning in this Journey of Life!


   

I am learning through my storm that is not really what people think about me that is hurting me.  It is more what I think about what they are thinking.  How I care or ignore what they are thinking.  I am in a way without meaning to making the storm wilder and bigger.  Once I faced this, I started searching for ways to calm my inner storm.  

I started seeking God and His will and way for my life.  I have always been told the best way to find this is to talk to Him and to read His word.  Prayer is when we talk to Him and reading His word is when He talks to us. A few verses have really reached out to me so far.

God knows what He desires for me and my life.  He won't force it on me, but it is waiting there for me to reach out and receive.  I am learning to pray before I make decisions and see if they seem to line up with the future God has for me.


      

If I think on people that have hurt me and how hurt and upset I am then I tend to be in a down and out mood.  If I think more on how God feels about me, how I can serve Him and others I seem to do better.  It is for sure that when we seek to bless others, we too are blessed in the process.  When I read His word, seek to learn it and hold it in my heart, then when the devil attacks I can throw them back at him.  Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh is gloomy, he thinks, walks, talks and acts gloomy so he is gloomy.  Tigger is happy, bouncy and always moving around, he acts happy and he is happy. Sometimes the devil likes to alienate us from others and make us feel alone.  But Tigger, he is the only Tigger and he is just fine with that. If we are doing right and we are the only one, well as long as it is right with Jesus we are not really alone, cause we have Him.  He will never leave us nor forsake us.

One of the biggest thing I am learning is this, do something every day that leads you closer to God.  The closer I am to God the less what people thinks, including me , matters. I am getting ready to do a bible reading plan with my daughter-in-law in February.  I am doing a bible study on the "I AM" of the Lord.  What are you doing to bring you closer to God?

Until next time,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...