Monday, January 16, 2017

M&M's, not candy but Mission's And Me (lesson for my church kids)


     We have our annual Mission's conference in April each year.  We have a week of Missionaries coming in to share their hearts and fields.  We have a preacher or preachers who share why we should be involved in Missions and how we can be and yet never leave our homes.  This is one of my favorite times of year in our church.
     Our Pastor, Bro. JD Weido says that though we have a Mission's conference one week a year, missions should be in our hearts and lives, monthly, weekly, daily. April is coming up soon so I wanted to get the kids hearts looking towards missions now.  
     I am planning a special small lesson once each month starting with this month, January and leading up to April.  This past Sunday, we talked about what a missionary is.  We talked about though we can't all be missionaries we can be involved and each of us should be.  I asked them who should be involved in missions (m) and they said me (m).  To help them remember this I showed them a candy box.
Do you see why I shared this candy.  All kids recognize M&M.'s.  But I told them to look at the box with new eyes.  M&M= Missions and Me. And yes after they finally understood we just had to open the box and enjoy a few.

Now we know who should be involved in Missions and next month, we will learn how we can be. I hope you will be back here next month to see what we learned.

God bless til next time,
Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking a Break to see if I want to continue

I am taking a break from here.  I am not sure if I want to continue or if my blog is another thing that is just a thing of the past.  I ...